WELCOME TO HOUSTON
READY TO RIDE
Per President Danny Garcia the surface at GRB is ready for competition. We will see you there at your slotted times as per below.
Monday 7/6 - 10:30-5:00pm Compete at GRB
10:30 start staging
Inspections for 2 Wheel Units begins at 11:15am
Drill for 2 Wheels Begins at Noon at GRB
Teams proceed directly to Obstacle and then Slow Race following their drill routines.
Multi Wheel begins at 1:45 for Inspection & 2:30 for Drill.
Click here for line-up and times by team - (note these are estimates and subject to change based on many factors)
2015 Cakras - Click Here to Download
Tuesday 7/7 - 11:00am Awards Lunch Banquet at Kim Son Restaurant 2001 Jefferson St, Houston TX
(just a couple blocks from GRB)
- THERE IS STILL SPACE AVAILABLE - bring your Divan and friends - $40 per person, Call or text IASMC Sec Jay Alfirevic if you want to join us 630-258-348
IASMC Headquarters Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites
5820 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77007
(Separate $20 binder fee per room (not per night) is due to IASMC directly to cover Imperial Charges & Hospitality for each room booked)
NOTICE: Due to layout the Drill Field Size for our Indoor Competitions in Houston will be reduced to 150'x280' (Standard size is 150'x300'). Take due notice and arrange your routines and practice accordingly.
Time slots by team are assigned at the Captains Meeting on Sunday
Detail times are being coordinated and will be further updated - the details currently posted on the Imperial2015 Competition Schedule Page will be changed to accommodate Drill first, followed by Obstacle.
($50/$25 after 6/22/2015 on a space available basis only).
Tuesday Evening - Imperial Parade
is coordinated through your Temple and is not an IASMC organized event.
IASMC RULES CHANGES & BYLAW UPDATES FOR 2014
1. Change to requirements re line candidates attendance at
MidWinter Meetings - PASSED
2. Change to one vote per Unit vs Temple - DID NOT PASS
3. Allow web posting as valid communication vehicle - PASSED
4. Update Class 5 definition to make/model/color for "matched" units (years may vary along with minor standard equipment) - PASSED
5. Hi Point Trophy to Include Obstacle Course Scoring Beginning in 2014
PASSED - 80% Drill / 20% Obstacle Weighting
6. Change Membership Requirement to allow any Noble in Good Standing at Temple to join IASMC. This supports our move to allow Individual Participation in Obstacle and Slow Race and the new Show Class categories. Drill Teams still require minimum of 4 members. - PASSED
7. Add "Show Class" vehicles category for participation and trophy awards - PASSED
In Loving Memory
IASMC mourns the loss of Past President
Clarence H. "Curly" Byler (Khedive)
Curly was an ardent supporter of IASMC who
was President for the 2006-2007 year.
He was very active and an ongoing participant in
our annual meetings and competitions and will be
truly missed. Please remember him in your prayers.
Volunteer for IASMC - want to join the IASMC Line, help with Competitions or Judging, Represent Your Region or Unit? Please contact Sec/Treas Jay Alfirevic.
IASMC - The International Association of Shrine Motor Corps is the body which organizes the annual motorized unit competitions at AAONMS Shrine Imperial Sessions for Shriners International. Competing members must be active members in good standing of a local Shrine Temple as well as an active dues paying member of IASMC. The general public is invited to watch our competitions, but may not participate. All participants and spectators attend at their own risk without any liability assumed by IASMC, its members or officers or by Shriners International.